An important aim of the Welsh Chronicles Research Group is to facilitate access to primary texts of the medieval Welsh chronicles, which in the past have sometimes suffered from a poor standard of publication. The current page provides a space for the online publication of any editions of texts produced by the group.
The Welsh Chronicles Research Group is delighted to acknowledge the kindness of Henry Gough-Cooper in allowing us to publish pdf files of his editions of the Welsh Latin chronicles.
The pdf files may be downloaded here:
- The Harleian Chronicle (Annales Cambriae A-text)
- The Breviate Chronicle (Annales Cambriae B-text)
- The Cottonian Chronicle (Annales Cambriae C-text)
- Cronica ante aduentum domini (Annales Cambriae D-text)
- Cronicon de Wallia (Annales Cambriae E-text)
Errata for all editions may be found here.
Any feedback about the editions hosted on this website, including corrections, would be welcome, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.