An important aim of the Welsh Chronicles Research Group is to facilitate access to primary texts of the medieval Welsh chronicles, which in the past have sometimes suffered from a poor standard of publication. The current page provides a space for the online publication of any editions of texts produced by the group.
The Welsh Chronicles Research Group is delighted to acknowledge the kindness of Henry Gough-Cooper in allowing us to publish pdf files of his editions of the Welsh Latin chronicles.
The pdf files may be downloaded here:
- The Harleian Chronicle (Annales Cambriae A-text)
- The Breviate Chronicle (Annales Cambriae B-text)
- The Cottonian Chronicle (Annales Cambriae C-text)
- Cronica ante aduentum domini (Annales Cambriae D-text)
- Cronicon de Wallia (Annales Cambriae E-text)
- The Neath Annals of Glamorgan
Errata for all editions may be found here.
Any feedback about the editions hosted on this website, including corrections, would be welcome, and should be emailed to email@example.com.